Botox / Jeuveau / Xeomin:
Botox®(onabotulinumtoxinA), Jeuveau®(prabotulinumtoxinA-xvfs) and Xeomin®(incobotulinumtoxinA) when used appropriately, are some of the safest and most effective treatments for relaxation of facial lines and wrinkles. When injected into certain facial muscles they relax the muscles, thus smoothing out the wrinkles. This relaxation typically lasts 3-6 months. Dr. O’Connell believes in customizing each treatment specifically for each patient.
Botox®, Jeuveau® and Xeomin® procedures are quick with no anesthesia required. Injections are administered with an ultra-fine needle directly into the area being treated. Discomfort is minimal and brief, and once complete, there is usually no discomfort. Most patients return directly to work or normal activity immediately. Most people are very surprised the first time to see just how quickly and comfortably Botox®, Jeuveau® and Xeomin® can be injected. Dr. O’Connell does have cool facial packs that can be applied for extra comfort. If you’ve had any of these products injected in the past at another office and had any unexpected side effects, please let Dr. O’Connell know so that she can make the necessary adjustments to your dosage and/or injection placement.
Botox®/Jeuveau®/Xeomin® treatments can be performed in a number of locations:
- -Between your brows
- -Eyebrow lift
- -Eye area
- -Smile lines
- -Masseter (jaw) muscle
There is a relatively low incidence of side effects, all of which are temporary. These include:
- -Lid Ptosis (drooping of the eyelid) The incidence of this is 3-10% in studies. If it occurs, it
- typically resolves by 4 weeks without intervention or sooner with Rx eye drops.
- -Brow Ptosis (lowering of the eyebrow) This can occasionally occur after forehead treatments
- in patients who normally have low-set brows and unknowingly use their forehead muscles to
- hold up their brows. If this has ever occurred, let us know and we can customize your
- treatment so that it can be avoided in the future.
- –Bruising can occasionally occur at the injection site.
- -Headache can rarely occur, usually due to a muscle spasm from the injection, not the
- product. It may last for 2-3 hours, rarely for several days. Tylenol or Advil can be taken after
- your treatment if this occurs.
-Avoid rubbing the area for 4 hours after your treatment.
-Avoid lying flat for 4-8 hours after your treatment.
-Avoid strenuous activity for 4-8 hours after your treatment.
-Avoid a massage for 24 hours after your treatment.
Botox®, Jeuveau® and Xeomin® results appear between 2-14 days after treatment. Until we know your “perfect” dose, more product may be needed several weeks after treatment for optimal results. Wait 2 weeks before returning for a follow up.
Dr. O’Connell has extensive training and experience in providing facial injections. She has thousands of hours of experience perfecting specialized injection placement to correct facial volume loss and facial asymmetries. Precise placement technique with a board certified physician’s touch means you get the best and longest lasting result from your Botox®, Jeuveau® or Xeomin®.
Beware the Bargain Botox® – Your face and your health are not things you want to risk for the sake of a few dollars. Stories abound of bogus Botox® offered at impossibly low prices. The old adage, “If it sounds too good to be true…” is a good one to pay attention to.
Fees are based on the amount of Botox®, Jeuveau® or Xeomin® used and are customized for each patient. This is determined by the location of the wrinkles, strength of the muscles, and your previous results with the products. Dr. O’Connell will always inform you of the fees before beginning any treatment and can adjust treatments based on your preferences.